[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT + Web Application Implementation

Sanjay.Uttam at VerizonWireless.com Sanjay.Uttam at VerizonWireless.com
Wed Jan 25 18:28:22 GMT 2006

All,
I appreciate all help and suggestions...However, the question and decision
to prohibit IIS from running on developer machines is _well_ out of my
reach.  I'm sure I could circumvent whatever steps have been put in place to
prevent me from utilizing IIS locally - however that simply is not a viable
option for me.

In any case, I'd like to make sure I have a clear understanding of the
suggestions that have been made thus far, barring the switch to some other
web server/framework/etc.

- Create a sandbox/module on the network on the machine running CVSNT server
- Install a plug-in or run a script that updates the web server directory
(diff physical box) when a commit is made to the sandbox/module on the CVSNT
server

Please forgive my ignorance here, I've got no real experience administering
source control environments until now.

Lastly -  As of now, if I create a module on the CVSNT server from TCVS on
my local machine...if someone else goes to check it out, there are prompted
for my password (we are utilizing SSPI)  Is there a way to grant multiple
users access to a module/repository/etc [while still utilizing SSPI]?  Do we
need to create the module with some generic account/group so that we all
have access?  If so - wouldn't we lose the accountability (ie, who committed
what version)  Sorry about all the questions!