[cvsnt] Exactly which CVSNT files are needed for a client only???

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Wed Jan 25 18:56:56 GMT 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

> Anyway I will have a stab att Oliver's install script and see if I can
> make a CVSNT client only installer based on that an my own
> information.

As I wrote in my other post, unless the changes since 2151 were very
drastic it should be pretty straight-forward.

> Oliver, there are some files in your setup that I don't think are
> needed anymore. I removed them from my version a while ago as I
> looked in the MSI script source Tony uses (I am diffing every time he
> changes this).  More info at home....

Unless those files were removed after the 2151 release I wouldn't know
which ones those are supposed to be. Apart from the MS-DLLs and the
Wintendo support libs I usually take all files directly from the
official MSI installer using the admin install option (i.e. "Extract
only" - no idea why this doesn't extract the MS-libs). That way there's
hardly any chance I could put in anything that isn't in the MSI
installer (apart from the install support tools which the MSI doesn't
need).

I'm aware that I'm pretty far behind things by now so it might get a
bit tough to figure things out once more. I did not really expect Tony
to delay the next 2.5.03 release for so long...

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org