[cvsnt] Re: How to deal with the manifest exe's???

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 3 22:55:02 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> Tony,
> I have noted that there are now (build 2379) two new exe files
> included in the binary snapshot from which I build the Innosetup
> installer.
> I tried to figure out when and where these should be installed by
> diffing the installer/cvsnt.wxs file, but I failed in doing so
> unfortunately (not diffing, but understanding...).
> Could you just describe whet these two exe files are used for and how
> they are instelled (whích component do they belong to)?
> (mkmanifest.exe and chkmanifest.exe)

mkmanifest is just used during the build.. it's only in the binary snapshot
because it happens to live in the target directory (it's also used during the
suite builds).  It's not in the installer.

chkmanifest gets installed with the base binaries (it's similar usage to
cvsdiag except it tracks manifest dependencies instead).