[cvsnt] $Date$ format in cvsnt?

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jul 6 13:10:57 BST 2006

As far as I know the ISO date standard prescribes a sequence like this:

yyyymmdd hhmmss

which of course makes compares work exactly like other numerical values,
the highest weight digit is always to the left and the lowest weigth to
the right.

How the USA managed to get it like mmddyyyy is beyond comprehension....
Also turning it around like is done in some European countries is very
strange:

ddmmyyyy hhmmss ??????

Of course here in Sweden we go by the ISO standards and do it right. :-)

Best regards,

Bo Berglund