[cvsnt] $Date$ format in cvsnt?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Jul 6 13:46:09 BST 2006

On Thursday 06 July 2006 14:10, Bo Berglund wrote:
> As far as I know the ISO date standard prescribes a sequence like this:
>
> yyyymmdd hhmmss

That format is a variant of the ISO standard... technically date elements
should be separated by hyphen, time elemets by colons, and a "T" separating
the date and time parts.

Read all about it in ISO 8601:2000 (final draft at
http://xml.coverpages.org/ISO-FDIS-8601.pdf)
or read the W3s document http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime.

I always wondered why CVS[NT] never used the ISO8601 format... seems crazy not
to use a standard. Tony, how about having an option to return dates in this
format?

> which of course makes compares work exactly like other numerical values,
> the highest weight digit is always to the left and the lowest weigth to
> the right.

Exactly so.

--
David Somers