[cvsnt] Lock Retry Interval and Retry Count

Bill Nelson Bill_Nelson at rogers.com
Wed Jul 19 00:05:04 BST 2006

> That's 30 seconds per file.. the old cvshome setting was per directory, so
> it's actually considerably more generous...  You'd need to be storing some
> really big files for 30 seconds to be an issue - most files complete in a
> second or less.

Actually, the 2.5.03 source had a retry count of 20 and a frequency of 1
second, so I see it as 20 seconds per file.
Whatever...
Point is, that on our server when it's heavily loaded, it definitely times
out on those large 150MB files.
What's the harm in at least changing the hardcoded retry count in Lock.cpp
so that it tries 200 times instead of 20?

Bill.