[cvsnt] Execute permission lost when file is tagged

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jul 19 16:54:42 BST 2006

Richard Wirth wrote:
> I can not repoduce this.
> Are you sure no one else touched the file?
> Some older windows client? Users working via samba share?

I think his issue is that the repository was migrated from an older CVS
1.11 or 1.12 server to CVSNT.  Then he hasn't modified the script, just
tagged it.  Possibly a problem where tag doesn't migrate the file
permissions into the new RCS file when there is no existing permission
record, but that's just a guess.

Tony Eva -- Try going into your sandbox, setting the permissions
properly, then do a checkin -f to force it to commit with the correct
permissions and see if that clears up the problem.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett