[cvsnt] Re: Best way to check out missing subdir?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Jul 21 22:35:33 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:

>>I'd say either:
>>
>>(in parent of sandbox X)
>>cvs -d {same CVSROOT} co X/Y
>>
>>Or
>>
>>(in sandbox X)
>>cvs co -d Y X/Y
>>
>>I believe that will work as expected and not have side effects, but it's
>>not thoroughly tested.
>
> I did this but it added Entries.Static to the CVS dir...

To what CVS dir? X/CVS or X/Y/CVS?

If it's X/Y/CVS, then this should be easy to clear; just use "up -d":

----------------------
Entries.Static

    The only relevant thing about this file is whether it exists or not. If
it exists, then it means that only part of a directory was gotten and cvsnt
will not create additional files in that directory. To clear it, use the
update command with the -d option, which will get the additional files and
remove Entries.Static.
----------------------

Maybe you can just delete it? At least this is what, somehow, this
description seems to say :)

What is the effect of this file, anyway? The description is not clear to
me. A normal update wouldn't get any new files? That sounds strange. I
don't remember this behavior. I've had directories in my sandbox where I
didn't get all subdirectories, but IIRC an update (without -d) on that
directory still got new files (just not new subdirectories).

Or maybe you can use "up -dl" to clear it if its in X/CVS and it's
necessary to clear it?

Gerhard