[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT is crashing

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jul 24 00:00:45 BST 2006

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 00:35:13 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>I have now been able to do a test on my test CVSNT server at home
>running build 2382 on an XP-Pro machine. It looks like CVSNT can get
>into trouble just because of a modules file entry...
>
>- I have a top level module called ModuleZZ. 15 dirs and 22 files.
>- I added this to the modules file:
>ModuleZZ -a ModuleZZ
>- Then I tried to do a checkout of ModuleZZ, which used up a lot of
>CPU by cvs.exe for a long time.
>Actually the cvs.exe process did not end but increased memory usage
>stepwise up to 500 Mb after 30 seconds at which time it stopped using
>49% CPU cycles but did nothing. I had to stop it with ctrl-C. It then
>stayed on in Task Manager for about another 30 seconds before
>disappearing...
>
>If I comment out the modules file line the checkout completes
>successfully in no time.
>
>Question:
>Is there some kind of loop that CVSNT gets into if the modules
>identifier coincides with a top level directory name???

Additional info (forgot to tell):
If I change the modules entry to
ModuleZZ ModuleZZ
then the checkout again works.

So my concern is really if the OP did do an alias entry where he used
the same name in both places and that happened to be the physical dir
name. If he did then CVSNT gets into trouble.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)