[cvsnt] Re: Changing expansion option does not work in CVSNT 2.5.03.2260

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Fri Jun 2 07:42:50 BST 2006

Thank you, Tony! This did the trick!

Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> writes:
> Oliver Koltermann wrote:
> > 5. I call "cvs commit..." and the file is in text mode again (-kv)!
> >
> You need to commit -f to modify an expansion option.

But:

1. It's not documented that way. In the manual section "How to store
   binary files" the example reads

   $ cvs commit -m "make it binary" kotest

   There is also some disturbance about the old cvs admin -k in the
   text above the example.

2. It did commit even without force. The files were really different
   because I copied over the good file version. With the plain commit
   I got a new revision, but this was again with -kv. I thought a
   forced commit is only necessary for empty diffs?

3. In the sequence

   $ cvs update -kb file
   $ cvs update file

   the second command should not reset the sticky (!) -k option.

Thanks again for solving my problem, but I think there's still
something strange in the program.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann