[cvsnt] Re: Changing expansion option does not work in CVSNT 2.5.03.2260

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Jun 2 10:29:04 BST 2006

Oliver Koltermann wrote:

> 2. It did commit even without force. The files were really different
>    because I copied over the good file version. With the plain commit
>    I got a new revision, but this was again with -kv. I thought a
>    forced commit is only necessary for empty diffs?

A forced commit is necessary to change the expansion option of a revision,
since it's something that you really don't want to happen accidentally (these
things rarely change).

update -k is a temporary change to the file expansion which is made permanent
by commit -f.

Admin -k no longer does anything (the old cvs didn't used to version
expansions which meant admin -k made some kind of sense since a file could
only have one -k mode in its whole lifetime).