[cvsnt] "end of file from server"

Matt Browne matt.browne at surface-inspection.com
Thu Jun 8 17:13:34 BST 2006

We are getting a problem when we try and remove a file from cvs.  We
remove the file from the local machine and then try to commit the
changes.  After a couple of moments we get the following error :

In C:\Documents and Settings\MATT\Desktop\CVS Test\FM3: "C:\Program
Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "commit" "-m" "Matt - Testing the
removal of bob.cs"
"code/GUI/ProductConfig/src/Wizards/CreateNewProduct/bob.cs"

CVSROOT=:sspi:cvs:/cvs

Removing code/GUI/ProductConfig/src/Wizards/CreateNewProduct/bob.cs;

cvs.exe [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
messages if any)

Error, CVS operation failed

We are running version 2.5.03 Build 2260 on both client and server.  The
server is Win2003 and the clients are XP.  We are doing the commit via
Tortoise on the local machines.

Any ideas what we are doing wrong??

Thanks

Matt