[cvsnt] Adding Module "Bad CVSROOT"

Greg gwadsworth at mehtatech.com
Thu Jun 8 21:45:38 BST 2006

Thanks Torsten,

That was indeed part of the problem.  Now that I have added the slash I get the following.

I am running TortoiseCVS on the same machine as the CVSNT repository.  From other networked PC I do not get a checkout or make new
module.

In C:\DOCUME~1\myname\LOCALS~1\Temp\TortoiseCVS make new module temp\: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-x" "import"
"-m" "" "PlCmm" "tcvs-vendor" "tcvs-release"
CVSROOT=:sspi:myname at myserver:2401/cvsrpos/Apps

connect to myserver:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Success, CVS operation completed

In C:\SourceCode: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-x" "checkout" "-d" "PlCmm" "PlCmm"
CVSROOT=:sspi:myname at myserver:2401/cvsrpos/Apps

connect to myserver:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. connect to
myserver:2401 failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
Success, CVS operation completed

Tortoise Tip: The top-level folder has now been created in CVS.
To add files and subfolders, invoke the CVS Add Contents command.

Should I be posting this to the message boards instead of replying to you directly?

Thanks again for the Help.
Greg.

>CVSROOT=:sspi:myname at myserver:2401:cvsrpos

There's a missing slash, try

:sspi:myname at myserver:2401:/cvsrpos

-Torsten