[cvsnt] Re: Tag operation aborts with %b in argument list

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 14 12:44:50 BST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:37:33 +0200, feymard at stago.fr wrote:

>Server side: win2000 running a 2.5.03.2151 (tested with a 2003 and
>2.5.03.2151 too)
Fairly old CVSNT version still...

>Client side: WinXP using TortoiseCVS with cvs 2.0.62.1817

This version of CVSNT is not recommended. If I recall the history from
memory build 1817 had tagging problems. I don't know if this affects
how it operates as a client though.

I would recommend that you use the same client version as on the
server and that you bypass the Tortoise system totally by executing
the commands from the command prompt instead.

>taginfo: ALL c:/python24/python.exe d:/tag-limit.py $USER $CVSROOT %o %t %b

This works fine for me, but I have recenty versions both on the server
and on the client.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)