[cvsnt] Re: Excessive delays with files > ~800KB

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 14 16:48:34 BST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:20:21 -0700, John Hardin <jhardin at epicor.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:29:28 -0400, John Hardin <jhardin at epicor.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Server: Linux, CVS 1.11.2
>>
>> One would assume that you are running against a CVSNT server since you
>> post your problems on this list, so I overlooked this item...
>> Please ask the GNU CVS people on this, because it is not a CVSNT
>> problem...
>
>Ah, but the *client* is CVSNT, and we're only seeing the delay on CVSNT
>clients.
>
>I do wish the mod would approve my long (8600 bytes is long?) post with
>the numbers...

If you use the newsserver instead of the mail interface then you can
attach extra files too..

Concerning the other stuff I am out of any suggestions, because I
don't have your configuration anywhere. Our CVSNT servers are *always*
Windows servers (W2000 or W2003), we always use the same cvsnt version
on the client side and we use WinCvs or command line exclusively (no
Tortoise ever).

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)