[cvsnt] Re: Create tag on older version

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Jun 15 09:36:53 BST 2006

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:14:16 +1200, "Trevor Leybourne"
<trevor.leybourne at aderant.com> wrote:

>Maybe the configuration of the mail server could be changed so that the
>"from" is actually from the list (cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook) and the originator of
>the message is on the CC line instead. That way if someone only clicks
>REPLY it goes back to the list rather than the individual.
>
>I normally click "Reply-All" and then delete the originator (in this
>case Bo) as I'm sure Bo will see this message in the list and does'nt
>need it in his inbox as well.
>
>Just my 10 cents worth (since that's now the smallest unit of currency
>here. ;-)

This has been discussed before and is deliberatly set in this way to
avoid list spamming. For example there are many people using Outlook
and Exchange and when they are out they tend to set the system up to
send back an "Out of Office" reply to all incoming messages. Imagine
what would happen on a list like this if the From field was set to the
list (especially during holiday seasons....).
There are other reasons as well.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)