[cvsnt] Re: History Logging Enabling

Burr, John R (GNF) john.burr at gnf.com
Thu Jun 15 13:37:34 BST 2006

I also had trouble enabling history logging with CVSNT 2.5.03.2260 on Windows 2000 SP4.
The manual at http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/history-file.html states:

  The file $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/history is used to log information for the history command
  (the section called "history--Show status of files and users").
  This file must be created to turn on logging.
  This is done automatically if the cvs init command is used to
  set up the repository (the section called "Creating a repository").

It appears that the history file must be created manually in the CvsRepository/CVSROOT directory
and that it need not be committed nor added to the checkoutlist file, but I am not sure about that.
If using NTFS, be careful about the permissions on the history file.

John