[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT does not support *large* binary files (crashesonthem)

Serge Nikulin snikulin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 19 00:51:14 BST 2006

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.601.1150671737.312.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
> CVSNT is "free", not as in "free beer" but as in "freedom to
> contribute", therefore when you come across a bug please create a new
> thread in the newsgroup and report the bug and supply the necessary
> information so that we can address it:
> http://march-hare.com/cvspro/faq/faq2.asp#2z

That link gave me:
Get SQL failed to open
  » Return to section list
Get SQL failed to open
  » Return to section list

So please accept the following unofficial bug report:
The problem is that after update/merge of conflicting file, the file was
left with RO attribute and conflict editor could not handle this.
Previous version opened conflicting files for writing.

Returning back to the main topic:
1. RCS system apparently does not have such RAM restrictions.
2. It looks like it's not only binary files but any large ,v file produces
the crash.

Thanks
Serge.