[cvsnt] Re: information currency economic proposal - ic-cvs f unctionality in cvsnt for $9500?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Jun 20 19:00:32 BST 2006

John Hardin wrote:

> Bo Berglund sez:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:37:33 -0700, "J. Patrick Bedell"
>> <jpbedell at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In return for this payment, I will return the information currency for
>>> the necessary changeset at ic.infoeng.org to you once the necessary
>>> changes have been made.
>>
>> What are you talking about, really???? This list is for technical
>> discussion on the use and development of CVSNT a version control
>> system. Investments and such has to be considered spam, please stop.
>> Currency, my ass...
>
> Erm, yeah, I was noticing the spams in the list archives.

I don't like spam anymore than the next one, but IMO this wasn't spam (in
the more traditional sense). It appears to have been a not very well
formulated feature request about including an interface for this
"information currency" into cvsnt.

I don't know exactly what this is about, but from lurking the few messages
this thread has brought in the TCVS list, it seems to be something that
expects at some point to tie publication of information (e.g. in the form
of commits to a repository) to a value determination system, maybe
something in the form of an "information exchange", similar to the more
traditional "stock exchange".

But I don't really know what this is about, I'm just contributing my strong
feeling that this was not really spam, just difficult to understand --
especially without the prior history of this message on the TCVS list.

Gerhard