[cvsnt] Re: information currency economic proposal - ic-cvs f unctionality in cvsnt for $9500?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jun 21 00:37:27 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> I don't object to the post, but feel the concept is completely backwards -
> expecting to get paid upfront for opensource work?

Aren't there quite some university coders that produce open source code and
get paid up front?

> Nobody is going to throw money at you just because you think you can add a
> good feature... the world simply doesn't work that way.

I don't really know what the OP is talking about, but something like a
stock exchange for open source (not necessarily GPL or free) code
copyrights could be interesting. A different model. And up front payment is
not excluded in such a model (given a track record, of course, or at least
some solid hype :). I haven't thought this through at all, just got a kick
out of the "information currency" keyword :)

Gerhard