[cvsnt] Re: Trouble setting up commit templates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 21 22:18:26 BST 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:57:19 -0400 (EDT), dbrust at cs.kent.edu wrote:

>Thanks for the quick response.  I deleted a checked out directory and
>re-checked it out, but still no luck.  The error dialog returned is as
>follows:
>
>WinCvs Alert
>
>Template file not found.
>
>You need to setup Template using rcsinfo file. Please refer to CVS
>documentation for more details.
>
>I missed the yank and paste on the "Template file not found." part
>earlier, sorry!

I overlooked one thing in your file:
DEFAULT $CVSROOT\CVSROOT\msgtemplate.txt
This will not work since you are using backslashes, this is an escape
character...
Should look like this instead:
DEFAULT $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/msgtemplate.txt
provided the $CVSROOT is legal syntax, which I don't know.
Why not do it like this instead for testing:
DEFAULT D:/cvsrepo/attoTest/CVSROOT/msgtemplate.txt

The error message about not finding the file points towards the
filespec being in error.
>From the CVSNT docs:
"the part after the regular expression should be a full pathname to a
file containing the log message template."

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)