[cvsnt] Re: Trouble setting up commit templates

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 21 22:51:49 BST 2006

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:39:21 -0400 (EDT), dbrust at cs.kent.edu wrote:

>Thanks for the help!  I had used the complete path before, even trying the
>slashes both ways.  The trick was using the full path AND rechecking out
>the module.  Thanks for bringing that to my attention!  I really
>appreciate your help!
>
>Darren

As a followup I tested this on my own test server and I find the
result slightly strange....

rcsinfo:
DEFAULT C:/DATA/CVSREPO/Bosse/CVSROOT/LogTemplate.txt

LogTemplate.txt:
CVS: This is a template for the log message
CVS: Please fill in the needed fields
[Issue <nr>]
Solution:

Expected to see the contents of LogTemplate.txt on a commit inside the
module, but this is what was shown:

CVS: This is a template for the log message
CVS: Please fill in the needed fields
[Issue <nr>]
Solution:
CVS:
CVS: Enter Log.  Lines beginning with `CVS:' are removed automatically
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: 	ModuleXXdoc.txt
CVS:

Why was the default CVS message added at the end of the special
template I had set up???
Shouldn't CVSNT use the default message only if tere is no message
specified in rcsinfo???
And in this case it actually merges the two messages with the default
last, why?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)