[cvsnt] Bizarre problem with cvsnt client and Tortoise CVS

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jun 29 14:35:52 BST 2006

Craig,

>> 1. don't insall cygwin cvs and CVSNT
>> 2. don't install ssh
>
> There are very good reasons why I need to
> have cygwin cvs and ssh on the same box.

Cygwin often does interfere with CVSNT, better to avoid it if you can.
MS now have their unix tools available for free (services for unix SFU).

> In any case, I included this info to demonstrate
> it was not a firewall problem, and was not PEBCAK

Yes I got that ;)

> I did try CVSNT 2.5.03.2260 (which happens to be
> the same version as in Tortoise CVS), but I did
> not try 2.5.03.2377.
>
> Will these have different behaviour?

Yes.

>> The latest 2.5.03 searches for DLL's using a new system so is more
>> reliable in DLL hell.
>
> Are you talking about 2377 here, or 2260 ?

2377.

>> Oh, and consider commercial support from the vendors in Sydney:
>> http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/
>
> I might consider this if I was trying to do
> something special, but this smelled like an
> install problem. And this kind of problem is
> what people pay *me* to solve :)

I saw that from your sig.  Hence why you of all people understand the
benefits to be gained, and you can pass on the cost to your customers ;)

Regards,

Arthur