[cvsnt] Bizarre problem with cvsnt client and Tortoise CVS

Craig Southeren craigs at postincrement.com
Thu Jun 29 14:52:54 BST 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 23:35:52 +1000
"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

..deleted

> > There are very good reasons why I need to
> > have cygwin cvs and ssh on the same box.
>
> Cygwin often does interfere with CVSNT, better to avoid it if you can.

Can you explain further?

> MS now have their unix tools available for free (services for unix SFU).

The future of SFU is very unclear. My understanding is that it will not
be developed any further, although it will continue to be supported as legacy
software.

For more information, see any of the myriad articles on the subject such
as this one:

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,2180,1855248,00.asp

..deleted

> > I might consider this if I was trying to do
> > something special, but this smelled like an
> > install problem. And this kind of problem is
> > what people pay *me* to solve :)
>
> I saw that from your sig.  Hence why you of all people understand the
> benefits to be gained, and you can pass on the cost to your customers ;)

I have no problem paying for vendor support when the situation warrants
it, but in my opinion fixing a minor case of DLL hell is not such a
situation. Especially when it is not for a customer, but is on my
primary development machine.

I'll be sure to let you know if I come up with any additional
information, but for now I am back to work :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment – VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs at postincrement.com.au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren at hotmail.com
 Mobile: +61 417231046

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting