[cvsnt] root ACL rights

Taner Akbulut taner.akbulut at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 10:23:56 GMT 2006

I am trying to understand ACL rights. My aim is to prevent users creating
new directories in the repository. I'll create new directories for each
project and will give read, write etc. access for the users.

So I've created a repository in "C:\CVSACLREP" and given the prefix
/cvsaclrep Then I've changed the owner to tanera and given the following
rights:

C:\>cvs rlsacl .
Directory: <root>
Owner: tanera
user=tanera
        all
<default>
        read

If I remove the read right for default (I mean "cvs rchacl -a none .") but
in this case users can not see any directory in the root. So I've given the
read right. But in this case users can create new directories in the root
which I did not expect?

for example I connect as davutu user and give the command:
>cvs import -m "import test by davutu" testcvs3 start

Then testcvs3 directory is created in the root. How can I prevent this at
the same time allowing users to see directories in the root?

--
Taner Akbulut
Toyota Motor Europe