[cvsnt] CVSNT Authentication Issue

James McNaughton jamestheboarder at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:08:23 GMT 2006

Hello there,

I've recently been posting an authentication issue on the TortoiseCVS
mailing lists, when attempting to create a new module within a CVSNT
repository from the TortoiseCVS client. Glen Starret, a member of both
that mailing list and this CVSNT one has been helping me out a lot,
and believes this is an issue with CVSNT rather than TortoiseCVS.

For example, I opened a port to 2401 through my firewall, and have
successfully connected to it via Telnet. I know it therefore cannot be
a connectivity issue, as this is my port for CVSNT.

Below is the output from cvsdiag.exe. Glen has taken a look and
noticed that I'm missing the "CA Certificate File" and "Private Key
File". Glen suspects this may be down to a problem with the CVSNT
installer. If anyone could advise further here, then that'd be great.

Finally, to give you the bigger picture, I'm running both CVSNT server
and TortoiseCVS client on the same Windows XP Home Laptop. I am
running Norton Antivirus, but have disabled this. I am prepared to
uninstall it, as I recently restored my laptop to factory default to
send it away for a warranty repair, and am not at all impressed with
Norton AV. I usually use Bitdefender.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James

CVSNT Diagnostic output
-----------------------
Server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
OS Version: Windows XP 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 2)

CVS Service installed: Yes
LockService installed: Yes

:pserver: installed: Yes
:sserver: installed: Yes
:gserver: installed: Yes
:server: installed: Yes
:ssh: installed: Yes
:sspi: installed: Yes
:ext: installed: Yes

Installation Path: C:\Program Files\CVSNT\
Repository 0 Path: C:/CVS/repository_ICALM
Repository 0 Name: /CVS/repository_ICALM
Repository 1 Path: (no value)
Repository 1 Name: (no value)
Repository 2 Path: (no value)
Repository 2 Name: (no value)
Repository 3 Path: (no value)
Repository 3 Name: (no value)
CVS Temp directory: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP
CA Certificate File: (no value)
Private Key File: (no value)
Local Users Only: No
Default LockServer: localhost:2402
Disable Reverse DNS: No
Server Tracing: Yes
Case Sensitive: No
Server listen port: 2401
Compatibility (Non-cvsnt clients):
       Report old CVS version: No
       Hide extended status: No
       Emulate co -n bug: Yes
       Ignore client wrappers: No
Compatibility (CVSNT clients):
       Report old CVS version: No
       Hide extended status: No
       Emulate co -n bug: No
       Ignore client wrappers: No
Default domain: J-087D0D8EDC
Force run as user: J-087D0D8EDC\James

Temp dir readable by current user: Yes
Repository0 readable by current user: Yes
Temp dir writable by current user: Yes

AV files detected:
NAVAPSVC.EXE

Installed Winsock protocols: