[cvsnt] Re: CVSMailer group sending

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Mar 12 08:04:03 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:31:53 +0100, "Aleksander Pahor"
<aleksander.pahor at hermes.si> wrote:

>I would like to send some commit notifys trough CVSMailer. I added users to "users" file and defined groups in "groups" file (TestGrp1:user1,user2). I added both to "loginfousers" file (user and group names).
>"loginfo" contains this:
>DEFAULT E:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID "$USER" $CVSROOT "-rTestGrp1" %{sVv}

1. The format of your group entries is wrong. From the CVS docs:
"The group file in the CVSROOT directory holds a list of groups. The
file has two fields seperated by a colon, the first is the group name,
the second is a list of group members, separated by white space"
Notice that you have defined your members using comma separation,
which is not correct.
Also notice that because of this you cannot put user accounts into the
group file if these accounts have embedded spaces in them. Account
"John Doe" is thus not allowed.

2. From CVSMailer 1.5.2.48 the group file will be consulted when
parsing out the recipients. If a group name is found either in
loginfousers or in the command line then all members of that group
will be added to the recipients of the email. After this the actual
email address will be retrieved from the users file, so your group
members must be listed in users.
But while extracting users the list will be parsed by whitespace so in
your case a single user named "user1,user2" would be found...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)