[cvsnt] Re: Keyword expansion issue : how to display the time as localtime

Evan Chou cyq_0906 at yahoo.com.tw
Tue Mar 14 03:45:55 GMT 2006

> The $Log$ expansion is written into the file at checkin - it doesn't
> change during checkout, so you can't change its contents.. All CVS
> operations use UTC normally, since it's the only common time format
> that's valid across timezones.
>
> Tony

Tony, thanks for your answer. I don't intend to change the data in
CVS repo or change any CVS operation, since the source files after
keyword expansion are only for programmer's viewing. Basically, my
question was about controlling the keyword expansion during check-out.
Now I know it seems impossible.

Another idea is to create a user-defined keyword like $Localtime$,
and it always records the check-in time in certain timezone. Is it
possible in cvsnt? I noticed there's a keyword file under CVSROOT.
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Evan