[cvsnt] Re: xp home - permissions?..

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Tue Mar 14 14:20:25 GMT 2006

Hello,

Tony Hoyle <tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> writes:
> Michael V. Schaefer wrote:
> > am trying to use sspi and i manually set the temp folder permissions
> > to not read only but every time i attempt a cvs activity (other
> > activities?..) the permissions get reset to read only...
> >
> I expect that's XP Home being 'helpful'.

Tony's right, that's normal XP behaviour. See

for detailed information.

> some apply to files... you need to look at the advanced permissions to
> see what's really going on, especially when it comes to things like
> the temp directory).

This is the right place. But if my memory serves right, this settings
are not available in XP Home. There may be better solutions (hacks),
but the above mentioned article explains the use of the attrib command
which is available in XP Home AFAIK.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann