[cvsnt] cvsagent: Always stay on top - persistent?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Mar 21 01:10:01 GMT 2006

Because applications that change the window z-order or steal focus are
rude and dangerous.

Many people do not always look at the screen when they type.  I don't.
Often I have something more important to look at.  Applications that pop
up dialogs that steal focus are liable to get input not intended for
them, and that can have very bad consequences.  (The Symantec firewall
software we run here is a particularly annoying example, but then
Symantec is legendary for its poor UIs.)

Now, no doubt there are those who share your preference to have at least
some dialogs map at the front of the z-order and with focus, so I agree
that ideally this would be a per-user persistent option.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus