[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Wiki updates

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Mon Mar 27 17:59:59 BST 2006

Oliver Koltermann wrote:

>  * The link "Original installation tips" (, by Bo Berglund) is
>    dead. And I have the feeling that Bo has stated this here some time
>    ago, together with the hint that the wiki page InstallationTips is
>    completely out of date.

I changed the InstallationTips link to Bo's current page.  I don't know
the state of the wiki InstallationTips page, so I put it on it's own
line unadorned without further explanation.

Bo/Tony -- Is the wiki page also outdated?  Has someone been maintaining it?

>  * Shouldn't it be "net stop cvs*nt*" / "net start cvs*nt*" on page
>    BackupRepository?

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

>  * I remember a backup script using some kind of "sleep" command after
>    the net stop to give active sessions time to be completed. This is
>    not mentioned on the page above.

I think you're referring to the one that would stop the service, wait
for all clients to disconnect, then kill all remaining (assumed hung)
processes.  These scripts don't assume hung processes since that problem
has been taken care of (occasionally this might pop up if there is a new
bug, but never considered acceptable or even normal).

> I don't want to start the discussion again, but a readonly wiki seems
> somehow strange to me...

I'm happy to add you to the editors list.  Make an account and give me
your wiki name (e.g. OliverKoltermann) and I'll add you.  Tony had to
disable the anonymous and even all-users editing because of script
kiddies spamming the wiki, polluting it with garbage.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett