[cvsnt] How do I uncommit?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Nov 3 06:50:45 GMT 2006

At Thursday 2/11/2006 13:41, Bill Walters wrote:

>I checked out my sandbox with cvs checkout -b latest_branch
>When what I should have done was cvs checkout -b older_branch
>
>Then, I checked in a lot of files using the newer branch instead of the
>older branch.
>Now I need to undo all the commits I did and re-do them into the older
>branch.

Determine a date which correspond to the clean state of latest_branch
(i'll use "yesterday" as an example)
On your sandbox (still on latest_branch, the wrong one):
cvs update -j latest_branch -j latest_branch:yesterday
and commit. This will apply your changes backwards, going to the
specified date.

Then, checkout the other branch (older_branch) and apply the same
diff but on the "right" order:
cvs update -j latest_branch:yesterday -j latest_branch
and commit.

(I'd try it on a few files first...)

--
Gabriel Genellina