[cvsnt] Update Error: cvs [update aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 22:12:41 GMT 2006

We started getting this error when doing an update today: cvs [update
aborted]: writing to server socket: error -1

We don't know what is causing it, and it happens intermittently.  We are
using the following versions:
server: CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
client: CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
          CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2064

Does anyone know what causes this, or how I can get more specific
information?  Doing searches, this seems to show up in various different
errors, but I don't know how to narrow it down any further.

Thanks,
Mark