[cvsnt] Check-out to a branch giving me the trunk file?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Wed Nov 8 22:27:10 GMT 2006

This must be some sort of configuration problem, but I can't figure out
what.  It happens on one repository but not on a different repository on
the same server.  If I check out a file to a branch tag it gives me the
tip of the trunk:

cvs up -r BR_tf080500xx modelcontrol_test.mke

File: modelcontrol_test.mke   Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    8.1
   Repository revision: 8.1
/source-root/tj/src/make/modelcontrol_test.mke,v
   Expansion option:    (default)
   Commit Identifier:   (none)
   Sticky Tag:          BR_tf080500xx (branch: 8.0.4)
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)
   Merge From:          (none)

Note that the branch is off of 8.0, but the file is 8.1.  This only
seems to happen for files that have additional commits on the trunk but
no additional commits on the branch.  Does anyone recognize it?  This is
something I'd love to be able to harness, but for today I need it not to
happen for these files.

This is a repository I just moved from my Linux server, if that matters.

Thanks
chuck

cvs version info:

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382
(client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2260
(client/server)