[cvsnt] Strange commit error using build 2442

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Nov 20 07:02:15 GMT 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:07:12 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.local> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:32:22 +0100, Bo Berglund
>> <bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>>
>>> cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/Testfolder4
>>>
>>> CVSMailer sending messages
>>>
>>> cvs commit: Examining Source
>>> cvs server: nothing known about `-m'
>>> cvs server: nothing known about `Testing CVSMailer'
>>> cvs server: nothing known about `--'
>>> cvs server: Examining Source
>>> cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
>>>
>>> ***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
>>
>> I forgot to mention that the CVSMailer output about sending messages
>> is generated in the postcommand script processing. So at this point
>> cvsnt has already triggered the postcommand....
>> What is it doing after that point, really?
>> HTH
>
>It sounds like something in postcommand is actually calling cvs commit.
>  Once postcommand has fired cvsnt processing has finished and there's
>nothing internally that could cause it.
>
>Tony

Except this is what is in postcommand:

# If the name "ALL" appears as a regular expression it is always used
# in addition to the first matching regex or "DEFAULT".
DEFAULT F:/Engineering/Projects/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -p$CVSPID
$USER $CVSROOT %c

I am using modules2 as a test in this repository, but ModuleXX is not
defined there, it is treated as a physical module.

If I move into the Source folder where the second file resides and do
a commit there I get the following output and the commit succeeds:

cvs commit -m "Testing CVSMailer run 2" (in directory
F:\Engineering\Projects\Bosse\ModuleXX\Source\)
cvs commit: Examining .
Checking in SecondFileSrc.txt;
\KORVkiosk/ModuleXX/Source/SecondFileSrc.txt,v  <--  SecondFileSrc.txt
done
CVSMailer processing
CVSMailer processing consolidated messages
cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/NewCommon

cvs checkout: Updating
C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/NewCommon/TestFolder

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/Source

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/TestFolder

U C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/Source/SecondFileSrc.txt

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/TestFolder3

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/TestFolder5

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/TestFolder6

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/Testfolder2

cvs checkout: Updating C:/DATA/USERS/CVSNT/ModuleXX/Testfolder4

CVSMailer sending messages

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

So I repeated the initial test and it works exactly like the first
time giving me a final part like this:

CVSMailer sending messages

cvs commit: Examining Source
cvs server: nothing known about `-m'
cvs server: nothing known about `Testing CVSMailer run 3'
cvs server: nothing known about `--'
cvs server: Examining Source
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

So somehow the recursing of cvsnt is broken, but why...

I will have to repeat on another repo.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)