[cvsnt] Using loginfo

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Oct 6 16:00:34 BST 2006

paul.s.barriscale at accenture.com wrote:
> ALL echo %p %s %m $USER
>
> Is there something fundamental here that I am missing?

Echo is a built into cmd and is a little 'funny'.  I suggest either
putting the GNU utilities for Win32 version of echo.exe somewhere in
your path (even temporarily for the test) or putting the echo statement
into a cmd file.

commitinfo >>>>>
^junk c:/repositories/scripts/echostuff.cmd $USER %p %s %m
<<<<<

echostuff.cmd >>>>>
@echo off
echo Hello %1, %2 %3 %4
<<<<<

C:\My_Documents\temp\cvsnt-glen-gstarret\junk>cvs ci -m ""
cvs commit: Examining .
Hello "gstarret", "junk" "testing123.txt"
Checking in testing123.txt;
/test/junk/testing123.txt,v  <--  testing123.txt
done
<<<<<

Regards,

--