[cvsnt] post commit scripts or alternative ?

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-cvsnt at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Oct 7 04:43:08 BST 2006

At Friday 6/10/2006 07:59, Elaine . wrote:

>We want to add a copyright statement to all files in
>the repository ...is there an easy way to do this ?
>Perhaps a postcommit script ? Theres existing files
>,and there will be new ones added in the future all
>needing this. we run cvsnt v2.5.03 on windows 2003.

postcommit won't help because you have to modify the file *before* commit.
I'd try precommand or commitinfo, but never before tried to actually
modify the commited files...
Such script should have to be carefully written, to avoid duplicating
the copyright info, corrupting an image, or invalidating source code.
Then a "commit -f" from top of a checked out copy would process all files.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).