[cvsnt] GNU CVS client use with CVSNT repos

Sebastian Schuberth sschuberthNOSP at Mgmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:07:27 BST 2006

Hi,

we're thinking about migration our Linux-based GNU CVS servers to CVSNT.
As I understood it, the repository format conversion should be fully
automatic and "on-demand" on a per-file basis. But I have some other
questions that I do not see addressed in the FAQ or Wiki:

- When running a CVSNT server on a CVSNT-format repository, will GNU CVS
clients still operate fully functional on the server? (This is because
we will not manage to get everyone to use a CVSNT client instead of the
GNU CVS client immediately.)

- The Wiki page at http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/CvsntAdvantages still
states "Full versioned rename" to be experimental, but the page was last
updated in late 2004. What's the status of "Full versioned rename" now?

Thanks.

--
Sebastian Schuberth
(Remove "NOSP" and "M" from my e-mail address)