[cvsnt] --lf obsolete?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Sep 2 10:44:29 BST 2006

Yongwei Wu wrote:
> Is it not allowed to let *me* have UNIX line endings in Windows (like
> in UNIX), while other people still have the Windows line endings?

A file is either a text file (and needs line endings specific to the
platform it's running on - cr/lf for windows), a platform specific file
(marked with -kL, -kD or -kM) or is binary.  An individual user forcing
unix line endings on windows for all files doesn't make any sense.

Why do you think you need this?