[cvsnt] Jar files becoming corrupt

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sat Sep 16 15:27:31 BST 2006

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> At Saturday 16/9/2006 10:27, Bryan Leber wrote:
>
>> Some of the files in the Jars folder that I looked at say file format
>> binary/....so does anyone have any idea where to go next in all of this.
>> Don't understand how they could be working fine on the branch patch for
>> a couple weeks, then when we start working on 2.4 version the third
>> party jars become corrupt?
>

> This is still vague - *some* of the files or *all* the files? A jar file
> marked as text won't work.
> Also, were the jar files actually checked out? Since you say they are
> 3rd party, maybe people just copy them around, or install them from
> other sources, not using cvs. So the files might be corrupt in CVS a
> long time ago, but nobody noticed.

It's also possible he was unfortunate enough to get a buggy version of
the server.  From another post of his:

We were running an older version...2.0.1.1910. I just upgraded on our
test server to 2.0.3.2382
<<<<

I can't recall when the binary corruption issue happened, but I think it
was somewhere in the 2.0.1 range (it was very brief, but it's a possible
explanation here).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett