[cvsnt] one time checkout files

Rick Martin rsmandcam at _NO_SPAM_sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 18 20:46:51 BST 2006

"Gerhard Fiedler" <lists at connectionbrazil.com> wrote in message
news:1reakmkkkm6v3.dlg at connectionbrazil.com...
> Glen Starrett wrote:
>
>> You might want to look at the substitution mode "s" as well.
>>
>> http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Substitution-modes.html
>>  >>>>

>>      File is never considered modified on the client. A normal commit
>> will never commit this file, unless -f is used to force it. Use with
>> care, and for files that change infrequently, since local changes will
>> be lost on update.
>> <<<<
>>
>> Not sure if that's what your or the OP is looking for, but it might be
>> useful (e.g. just make the 'templates' have the same name as your config
>> files and you're set to modify them as needed directly).
>>
>> That doesn't apply to the OP's update side though, I would guess the
>> updates might be merged into the file if there's a new version of the
>> 'template' released, but it's something to look at.
>
> Maybe adding the file as 'bs' (adding option b for binary to the option s)
> helps. In this case, it won't get merged on update to a newer version, and
> after the update, you have both your old version and the clean new version
> available in the sandbox.

See I go away for the weekend and all of you have a conversation without me
<g>.

I will expore the s, sb, and 1 options to see what I can get to work.  I'm
pretty certain I can fall back on Gabriel's script suggestion if nothing
else seems appropriate.

Thanks for the ideas,
Rick