[cvsnt] one time checkout files

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Sep 19 20:05:32 BST 2006

Rick Martin wrote:

>> Done, and now it is easy to see the difference between 1 and l!
>> But of course there is now no difference between capital i and
>> lowercase L....
>> Sigh.
>
>  Time to design your own font, Bo <g>.

As I wrote before, the Bitstream Vera fonts are better in this respect. The
sans-serif version doesn't make a difference between lower case L and upper
case i, but both the mono version and the serif version have different
glyphs for lower case L, upper case i and number 1.

The original Bitstream Vera fonts can be found here
http://www.gnome.org/fonts/, the DejaVu extensions (more glyphs supported)
can be found here http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page,
and a list of other derivatives can be found here
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Bitstream_Vera_derivatives.

You can have a peek at the DejaVu fonts here
http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/PDF_samples.

Gerhard