[cvsnt] Jar files becoming corrupt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Sep 16 23:00:38 BST 2006

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:14:42 -0400, "Bryan Leber"
<bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com> wrote:

>Are you saying that you have had this issue before with a buggy version
>or what glenn?

It should be in the archive....
During development of 2.5 there was a problem discovered by a user
that had eluded most others. I don't now remember the exact details,
but something on these lines:
1. Create a branch
2. Add a binary file on the branch
3. Commit changes to that file
4. Maybe also delete an intermediate revision, but I am not sure.

Now the file is corrupted. But only if it was added on the branch and
only if it was binary...
An archive search might reveal the whole story. A number of builds had
this problem but it was fixed once discovered.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)