[cvsnt] Jar files becoming corrupt

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Sun Sep 17 18:19:03 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> It should be in the archive....
> During development of 2.5 there was a problem discovered by a user
> that had eluded most others. I don't now remember the exact details,
> but something on these lines:
> 1. Create a branch
> 2. Add a binary file on the branch
> 3. Commit changes to that file
> 4. Maybe also delete an intermediate revision, but I am not sure.

I don't recall a branch being required, but you might be right.  I think
the problem was around having multiple versions and the non-HEAD
versions getting corrupted by a bad diff algorithm or something like
that.  A branch (created at a non-HEAD location) would certainly show
that problem, if this is in fact the problem.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett