[cvsnt] Changing Commit Dialog

Bryan Leber bryan.leber at fischerinternational.com
Mon Sep 18 15:50:29 BST 2006

If ya don't mind me asking Joe, what scripting language do you use? I am
using python. I have some of the script wrote up to where it gets the
arguments and puts them into an array. I started trying to do some
testing statements but kind of in a jam now. I have my list printed to a
text file just to see what goes in it and when the script is called the
following is pulled from the commit dialog

PATCH_NUMBER: 9999

BUG_NUMBER: 2341

FEATURE_AFFECTED: Admin logon

OVERVIEW: The logon logo has been changed

I don't know if this is how it is suppose to work(i.e. put what is in
the comment file that I made also) or what, but im not sure how I can
parse through this and make sure that just the FEATURE_AFFECTED and
OVERVIEW are there, because if they are left out the FEATURE_AFFECTED
and OVERVIEW words are still printed, so I assume that it would show
that it is not empty.

Thanks,

Bryan Leber

This mail message may contain confidential and privileged information from Fischer International which is
protected. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution by any means is prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.