[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.6 database organisation

Tim Chippington Derrick tim at chippingtonderrick.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 14:23:27 BST 2006

Oops - sending again. Apologies to Tony for sending this email to him
rather than to the egroup - I'm using a different PC this week and
the email setup isn't quite what I am used to!

Slight change of topic I guess, but what database engines will be
supported/allowed/encouraged? I use SQL Server quite a lot because of
the work that I do, and sometimes MySQL, occasionally I dirty my
hands with MS Access. Will I need to have yet another database system
installed alongside these just for CVSNT? Or will I be able to
back-end CVSNT with any suitable database engine that I have lying
around? I don't have any axe to grind about choice, open source vs
proprietary, or any of those favourite issues, but just from a purely
practical viewpoint of trying not to clutter up my machines.

Tim