[cvsnt] reposting question about ignore defaults

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at Nosp_am.bentley.com
Fri Aug 3 16:43:10 BST 2007

Zak,

In short, someone decided that any sort of build stuff in your source
tree should be ignored.  As far as I can tell, it stems from the fact
that cvsNT builds into its source tree, and thus it's easier to ignore
all .obj, .dll, .lib, etc. files that Visual Studio sprinkles everywhere
than to set up .cvsignores (or use a different build process).  I've
tried the -I! solution, and I think it will work on an import, though
for most commands it does not work as you want (and is not supported on
cvs stat).  The only other thing I can recommend is recompiling cvsNT
without all the stuff Arthur mentions.

HTH
chuck