[cvsnt] CVS user management: "No such user" error

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu Aug 9 22:54:49 BST 2007

D.Var wrote:
> 8.Here I try cvs login and when I give the "me"
> password I get the following message:
> "Logging in to
> :pserver:me@<myservername>:2401:/CVSRepository
> CVS Password:
> CVS [login aborted]:cvsadmin:no such user"

CVSNT is saying it can't match up the system user you've specified with
an actual system user.

You probably need to fiddle with the default domain setting or add the
domain (or machine) name to the system user names you've specified on
the passwd command.

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America

http://march-hare.com/cvspro/