[cvsnt] CVS user management: "No such user" error

D.Var trikelef at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 06:40:37 BST 2007

Hi Glen,
 Sorry for the delayed answer.
 I tried to fix the problem with domain options too
but
 there was no solution.For example I used the -D
option
 of the passwd command to define the current domain(or
 even the machine name) or  declared the real system
 account in passwd command as
 <mydomain>/<sysaccount>.Sadly the problem remains :-(
 Is there any suggestion?Is the passwd file what we
 expect?
 Thanks for the response

 Dimos

> --- Glen Starrett <glen.starrett at march-hare.com>
> wrote:
>
> >D.Var wrote:
> >8.Here I try cvs login and when I give the "me"
> >password I get the following message:
> >"Logging in to
> >:pserver:me@<myservername>:2401:/CVSRepository
> >CVS Password:
> >CVS [login aborted]:cvsadmin:no such user"
> >
> > CVSNT is saying it can't match up the system user
> > you've specified with
> > an actual system user.
> >
> > You probably need to fiddle with the default
domain