[cvsnt] Composition of CVS output

Braam Smith braamo at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:43:56 GMT 2007

Hi CVSNT community,

We have used CVSNT internally as our source code repo for an external
customer engagement. Since we are not redistributing the Open Source
Software (OSS) to our client, our lawyers have approved the use of the
software internally as per the GPL.

However since we are looking to deliver the CVSNT repo to our client for
ongoing maintenance, our lawyers are asking whether CVSNT writes any of its
own source code or binaries to its repo's. The result would therefore be
that the act of distributing the repo indirectly redistributes the product
that is licensed under GPL, and they wouldn't approve in this situation.

I wouldn't imagine that CVSNT does such a thing, but having not written or
seen the code in it, I cannot advise our lawyers. Is anyone in a position to
definitively confirm that CVSNT does not write its own source code or
binaries into its repositories? Please state your authority in your reply.

Regards,
braamo